Friday, April 4, 2008

quirks!

The word "quirk" from The American Heritage® Dictionary
(n.)A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy:“Every man had his own quirks and twists” (Harriet Beecher Stowe)
quirk
(n.)
An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
quirk
(n.)
A sudden sharp turn or twist.

I like this word " quirk " I often use it as describing co-workers. Yes, in a social worker's life we have " quirks ". Perhaps its my contribution to Personal Relations. I am finding that using the saying, "We all have quirks" doesnt defeat a person's character. To me its acknowledging that we dont have to be alike or agree on everything; we have different points of view.

It seems to me that being in a profession where it seems the majority are women and being in an office primarily of women... quirks seem to pop up often. Im lucky with the group of people i work with now we seem to even things out pretty well.

No comments: