Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Icon

I went to visit a friend, her husband and 4 children during the last weekend in April. Ive known my friend since our sophomore year in college. It is always fun to remissness about the good old college days. We did get into some situations that could have ended very badly.

Our capers tended to be at Spanky's Cafe. This was a little local bar not quite a block from Saint Francis College. I will tell you that they could make the best Alabama Slammers. Perhaps it was the age and time and through age we grow out of certain tastes.

Anyway it was always nice to go to Spanky's Cafe because it was like going back in time... it never changed. Well, during my visit I was told Spanky's had closed its doors. i did not receive any explanation on that it is no longer. An icon during my youth gone.

No comments: